[hep-th] Fw: First Bulletin of QTS-4

Branko Dragovich dragovich at phy.bg.ac.yu
Tue May 10 15:25:19 CEST 2005

Postovane kolege,

Prof. V. Dobrev organizuje dva naucna skupa u Varni, 15-21. avgusta 2005.

Detalje mozete videti na
  1)    http://theo.inrne.bas.bg/~dobrev/qts-4.htm

  2)    First announcement
  3)    iz dela dole navedene korespondencije

Postoji mogucnost da finansira 3 ucesnika (do 40 godina) iz Srbije preko EPS
i jos nekoliko preko ostalih grantova. Zainteresovani treba da se prijave
sto pre i pozeljno je da me obaveste da bih mogao da preporucim Dobrevu da
potpuno (ili sto vise) pokrije sve troskove ucesca.
Mozete me kontaktirati za dopunske informacije.

Pozdrav,
Branko Dragovic

you have got the First Bulletin. Now some more news, partially announced
on our web-site:

We have just learned that the European Physical Society has granted its
sponsorship to QTS-4. Please, check the conditions via our web-page;
maybe it is not useful for you (it is for people below 40y), but you can
prompt some of your younger colleagues to apply - 3 persons per country
may be supported.
We can also support the travel of young mathematicians (with EMS grant).

I'm surprised that nobody from Serbia applied until now for the
EPS grant which was open in mid-April - maybe it was
because the procedure was complicated, or they would not get
support from the National partner of EPS ?

BTW, ROSTE say that the grant is for young scientists from
South-East Europe.

http://theo.inrne.bas.bg/~dobrev/qts-4.htm

the EPS and ROSTE grants.

Of course, we shall use both. First we shall try to take these 3 places
that are given from EPS for two reasons:
1. they would cover 3 scientists per country, and this is
not transferable, while for the ROSTE there is no such
restrictions.
2. the EPS deadline is 20 May and can not be extended anymore since it
depends on EPS/EWTF (and it was already extended from 30 April), while the
ROSTE contract may be delayed and we most probably would have to extend
the deadline which is decided by us.

Important for the people that would like to use the EPS:
these should be people that you would recommend to have scientific
contribution to the conference, since this is a precondition for EPS
support.  Thus, they should first register on our web-page, since we have
to declare that we accept their contributions;  further, we must advise
them on some subtleties, e.g., the Reg. fee in this case is 100 Euros for
students, 180 Euros for non-students (this is agreed with EPS and they
shall give it - it is 10% reduction from the regular fee).