[hep-th] kurs- Rodrigo Olea

Branislav Cvetkovic cbranislav at phy.bg.ac.yu
Wed Dec 3 01:58:18 CET 2008

Postovane kolege,

Dr Rodrigo Olea ce odrzati kratak kurs pod naslovom ''Lectures on
Holographic Renormalization''.
U prilogu vam dostavljam kratak opis sadrzaja kursa.
Prvo predavanje (dvocas) odrzace se u petak 5.12. u 14 h u sali 300.
Naredna dva dvocasa predvidjena su za sredu 10.12. i 17.12. u isto vreme.
Kurs je namenjen svim clanovima naseg projekta sa akcentom na mladje
saradnike. Mislim da ce to biti lepa prilika da se upoznamo sa jednom
aktuelnom istrazivackom temom.

                                      Pozdrav Branislav

Lectures on Holographic Renormalization

These lectures give an introduction to regularization techniques in
anti-de Sitter gravity. We review holographic reconstruction of
asymptotically AdS spacetimes in the context of AdS/CFT correspondence. We
study how this procedure leads to standard (Dirichlet) counterterms
method, which provides a background-independent cancellation of asymptotic
divergences in the
gravity action and in the Brown-York quasilocal stress-tensor. We also
discuss on the existence of Weyl anomaly and vacuum (Casimir) energy as a
criterion of identification of the corresponding boundary CFT.