[hep-th] seminar u petak u 14 h

Branislav Cvetkovic cbranislav at ipb.ac.rs
Tue Dec 22 11:35:57 CET 2009

Postovane kolege,
u petak 25. decembra u 14 h casova, u sali 300 na Institutu za fiziku,
Vladimir Juricic ce odrzati seminar pod naslovom  "Elektroni na
heksagonalnoj resetki: interakcije, simetrije i fazni prelazi". U prilogu
vam dostavljam apstrakt seminara.
                                              Pozdrav Branislav

Apstrakt:

In this talk, I will discuss general theory of the local repulsive
short-range electron interactions on the graphene's honeycomb lattice.
I will show how various symmetries dictated by the underlying lattice
together with algebraic relations
between different local fermionic quartic terms, namely the Fierz
identities, restrict  the form of the low-energy Hamiltonian. Possible
semimetal-insulator quantum phase transitions will then be considered in
the framework of an effective Gross-Neveu-Yukawa theory using an epsilon
expansion near three spatial dimensions [2]. Finally, I will briefly
address the role of the long-range Coulomb interaction at the quantum
critical point near lower critical dimension of the theory [3].