[hep-th] seminar

Branislav Cvetkovic cbranislav at ipb.ac.rs
Tue Apr 17 21:15:43 CEST 2012

Postovane kolege,
u petak 20. aprila na Institutu za fiziku u 11 h, u sali 300, Igor
Salom ce
odrzati seminar pod naslovom:

Parabose generalization of supersymmetry - representations and
particles

Abstract:

Parabose generalization of supersymmetry (also called osp(1|2n)
generalized
supersymmetry, generalized conformal supersymmetry with tensorial
central
charges, conformal M-theory algebra) is an alternative to more common
supersymmetric models that has gained significant attention in the last
two
decades. In spite of this, due to mathematical subtleties involved, no
through
analysis of unitary irreducible representations of the super algebra in
question has been carried out, especially not in the context of a
physical
space-time (super)symmetry. Primarily interested in the case that
corresponds
to four dimensional physical space-time (n=4 parabose algebra, i.e.
osp(1|8) superalgebra), we first complete the list of unitary
irreducible representations, seeking to give them particle
interpretation. Next, we demonstrate a physically intriguing way to
explicitly construct these
representations. This approach gives these representations natural
interpretation of composite particle states, requiring, curiously, up
three "charged subparticles" to construct all of the unitary
representations
from discrete spectrum. Finally, we analyze in detail space of the
simplest
nontrivial unitary representation (recapitulating what is already known
about it and providing some new insights) and, for the first time, the
spaces
of the next more complex class of representations. We will show that
the states
of the latter are determined by additional quantum numbers of an U(1) x
SU(2)
group, apart of values of four-momenta and spin (related to Poincare
group), motivating us to call such states "charged". In addition, we
show that
parity violation naturally arises in this context.

Pozdrav Branislav