[hep-th] seminar gruope za cestice i gravitaciju

Branislav Cvetkovic cbranislav at ipb.ac.rs
Mon Mar 13 15:07:22 CET 2017

Postovane kolege,

u petak 17. marta u 11 h na Institutu za fiziku, u sali 360, Marko
Vojinovic ce odrzati seminar pod naslovom
"Quantum entanglement between gravity and matter". Apstrakt vam
prosledjujem u nastavku.

Pozdrav Branislav

Abstract: We show that gravitational and matter fields are always
entangled, as a consequence of local Poincare symmetry. This
entanglement is not of dynamical origin, as is common for interacting
quantum systems, but rather of kinematical origin, enforced by gauge
symmetry at the quantum level. We will give a general argument why one
should expect the symmetry-protected entanglement in quantum gravity
theories, and then support it by demonstrating explicitly that the
Hartle-Hawking state is entangled, in the framework of the Regge quantum
gravity model. These results may have various interesting consequences,
including the universal gravitational decoherence of matter and a
possible small violation of the weak equivalence principle.
========

Dr. Marko Vojinovic
Group for Gravitation, Particles and Fields
Institute of Physics
University of Belgrade
home page: www.markovojinovic.com
e-mail:    vmarko at ipb.ac.rs