[hep-th] Seminari grupe za cestice i gravitaciju

Branislav Cvetkovic cbranislav at ipb.ac.rs
Tue Feb 12 20:53:47 CET 2019

Postovane kolege,

Tokom sledece nedelje (u periodu od 18-22. februara) dr  Raju
Roychowdhury sa Univerziteta Sao Paolo u Brazilu odrzace tri seminara na
Institutu za fiziku po sledecem rasporedu:

PONEDELJAK 18. februar, citaonica ,, Dragan Popovic", 12h:

Title : Emergent Spacetime, Topology Change and Resolution of
Singularity
Abstract :
The contemporary physics has revealed growing evidences that the
emergence can be applied to not only biology and condensed matter
systems but also to gravity and spacetime. We observe that
noncommutativity necessarily implies emergent spacetime. In Emergent
Gravity approach the spacetime geometry is defined by U(1) gauge fields
on noncommutative (NC) spacetime. Accordingly the topology of spacetime
is determined by the topology of NC U(1) gauge fields. We show that
topology change of spacetime is ample in emergent gravity and the
subsequent resolution of singularity is possible in NC spacetime. Thus
emergent gravity provides a well-defined mechanism for topology change
of spacetime which does not suffer from any singularity in sharp
contrast to general relativity.

SREDA 20. febraur, sala 300, 11h:

Technical Seminar 1 :

Title : Emergent Gravity and Brane Correspondence between topological
T-duals via Generalised Complex Geometry (Black Board Talk)

PETAK 22. febraur, sala 300, 11h:

Technical Seminar 2 :

Title : Poisson Lie Symmetry and Yang-Baxter Sigma Model

During past few years, I started developing the formalism of emergent
gravity which naturally admits an in-built generalized geometric
structure  and hence in quite similar to the DFT formalism of Hull and
Zwiebach in spirit. We are trying to use the generalized geometric point
of view to study topological T-duality that arises in emergent gravity.
The approach aims to build a Courant isomorphism between T-duals and
thus transport generalized complex structures between them. We are
trying to use the machinery developed by Gualtieri and Cavalcanti to
transport generalized complex brane between T-duals. We want to study
various explicit example of this phenomenon of geometric T-duality and
explore its manifestation in Stringy geometry.

Pozdrav Branislav

--
Institute of Physics Belgrade
Pregrevica 118, 11080 Belgrade, Serbia