[hep-th] Seminar grupe za gravitaciju, cestice i polja, 4. jun 2021.

Marija Dimitrijevic Ciric dmarija at ipb.ac.rs
Wed Jun 2 14:19:03 CEST 2021

Zdravo svima,

evo najave seminara koji ce Dejan Stojkovic (University at Buffalo-The
State University of New York) drzati u petak 4. juna.

Title: In search of a wormhole

Abstract: If a traversable wormhole smoothly connects two different
spacetimes, then the flux cannot be separately conserved in any of these
spaces individually. Then objects propagating in a vicinity of a
wormhole in one space must feel influence of objects propagating in the
other space. We show this in the cases of the scalar, electromagnetic,
and gravitational field. The case of gravity is perhaps the most
interesting. Namely, by studying the orbits of stars around the black
hole at the center of our galaxy, we could soon tell if this black hole
harbors a traversable wormhole. Alternatively, one can expect the same
effect in black hole binary systems, or a black hole - star binary
systems, which are actually the cleanest and most sensitive systems for
such a search.

Seminar pocinje u 11:15 i moze se pratiti preko linka

https://gravityserver.ipb.ac.rs/b/mar-xoo-t1v-vwn

Pozdrav,

Marija

--