[hep-th] Seminar grupe za gravitaciju, cestice i polja, 19. novembar 2021

Marija Dimitrijevic Ciric dmarija at ipb.ac.rs
Sun Nov 14 14:49:53 CET 2021

Zdravo svima,

evo najave serije seminara koji ce Voja Radovanovic, Dragoljub Gocanin i
Stefan Djordjevic (Fizicki fakultet, Univerzitet u Beogradu) odrzati u
narednim terminima. Prvi seminar ce biti u petak 19. novembra 2021.

Title: Black hole entropy and the information loss paradox

Abstract: The most important unsolved problem in black hole physics is
the information loss paradox, i.e. whether the process of formation and
evaporation of a black hole is unitary in accordance with quantum
mechanics. The unitarity implies that von Neumann entropy of the Hawking
radiation should initially increase but subsequently fall back down,
following the so-called Page curve.

In the first talk of this series we consider black hole thermodynamics
and discuss various concepts of entropy: fine-grained, coarse-grained
and entanglement entropy. In addition, we calculate entanglement entropy
for Rindler observer and show how to generalize this result to curved
space-time, where it is used to define generalized entropy of a black
hole.

The upcoming talks will be devoted to the so-called wormhole replica
trick and the notion of an island - a kind of a quantum extremal surface
recently advocated by Maldacena. We study a particular case of 2D
dilaton gravity obtained by dimensional reduction of the
Einstein-Hilbert action for Schwarzschild metric. We calculate the von
Neumann entropy of the Hawking radiation and reproduce the Page curve.

Seminar pocinje u 12 CASOVA i bice UZIVO na Fizickom fakultetu, u sali
661 (amfiteatru). Takodje, seminar se moze pratiti i preko linka

https://gravityserver.ipb.ac.rs/b/mar-xoo-t1v-vwn

Pozdrav,

Marija

--