[hep-th] Quantum Gravity and All of That: Nov 18, 2021; TIME attention (fwd)

Marko Vojinovic vmarko at ipb.ac.rs
Thu Nov 18 01:45:38 CET 2021

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 23:44:59 +0100
From: Alexey Koshelev <alex.koshelev at ubi.pt>
To: vmarko at ipb.ac.rs
Subject: Quantum Gravity and All of That: Nov 18, 2021; TIME attention

Dear Participant
of "Quantum Gravity and All of That" seminar series,

Note the recent change of time in Europea and America!
Seminar will start as usual 17:00 CET!
It is 08:00 Los Angeles, 11:00 New York, 19:00 Moscow, 01:00 (next day) Tokyo

As a short house keeping we want to stress that in order to minimize the risk
of intrusion accidents during seminars we kindly ask you:
- not to distribute the seminar zoom link randomly
- login with a recognizable name

This Thursday, November 18, 2021 at 17.00 CET
(08:00 Los Angeles, 11:00 New York, 19:00 Moscow, 01:00 (next day) Tokyo)
we are pleased to have the talk

Title: Discrete gravity

Speaker: Slava Mukhanov (Munich U., ASC)

Abstract: We assume that the points in volumes smaller than an elementary
volume (which may have a Planck size) are indistinguishable in any physical
experiment. This naturally leads to a picture of a discrete space with a finite
number of degrees of freedom per elementary volume. In such discrete spaces,
each elementary cell is completely characterized by displacement operators
connecting a cell to the neighboring cells and by the spin connection. We
define the torsion and curvature of the discrete spaces and show that in the
limiting case of vanishing elementary volume the standard results for the
continuous curved differentiable manifolds are completely reproduced.

Here are the ZOOM coordinates:

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85312157735?pwd=WW5qRmVQS2MxcVFTaDVPMlpDeE10UT09

Meeting ID: 853 1215 7735
Passcode: QGaAoT2122

We especially note that after the talk we will keep discussing giving an
opportunity to as many people as reasonable to participate.
We do not impose any time limits for discussions.

We are looking forward to welcoming you at the seminar.

With very warm regards,
the Organizers

PS You can unsubscribe from future announcements regarding "Quantum
Gravity and All of That" seminar series at any moment by sending a
free-form e-mail preferably mentioning UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject to
qgholqi at mi-ras.ru
This will also make you removed from the list of the seminar participants.