[hep-th] Seminar grupe za gravitaciju, cestice i polja, 15. april 2022

Marija Dimitrijevic Ciric dmarija at ipb.ac.rs
Tue Apr 12 19:56:45 CEST 2022

Zdravo svima,

evo najave seminara, koji ce u petak 15. aprila 2022. odrzati Dusan
Djordjevic (Fizicki fakultet, Beograd)

Naslov: Noncommutative D=5 Chern-Simons Gravity: Kaluza-Klein Reduction
and Chiral Gravitational Anomaly

Asptrakt: Chern-Simons (CS) theory has greatly influenced physics and
physicists during the past half-century. In this seminar, we will review
some basic facts about Chern-Simons Lagrangians defined on some
(2n-1)-dimensional manifold. We will then show how CS theory can be
connected with gravity. Our focus will be on an SO(4,2) CS gravity in
five dimensions and its connections with four-dimensional gravitation.
Furthermore, we will analyse the noncommutative deformation of SO(4,2)
CS gravity using the geometric Siberg-Witten map. This theory has a
nontrivial first-order correction in \theta. By performing Kalutza-Klein
dimensional reduction and suitable symmetry breaking, we obtain an
effective, four-dimensional gravity theory that has Einstein-Hilbert
action with (negative) cosmological constant as its classical
(commutative) limit. We then proceed to analyse some concrete solutions
of the field equations. We show that AdS space-time remains a solution
after including the first-order corrections. On the other hand,
AdS-Schwarzschild black hole solution develops a torsion that we
explicitly compute. Moreover, we will see that this modified solution
implies the existence of a chiral gravitational anomaly if one couples
massless Dirac fermions to this NC background.

This seminar is based on arXiv:2203.05020

Seminar pocinje u 11 casova UZIVO na Fizickom fakultetu u sali 665, a
moze se pratiti i preko linka

https://gravityserver.ipb.ac.rs/b/mar-xoo-t1v-vwn

Pozdrav,

Marija