[Institut] Fw: WYP2005 - Preparatory Conference

Dr. Dragan D. Markushev markusev at phy.bg.ac.yu
Fri Mar 14 11:27:20 CET 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: Max Lippitsch <max.lippitsch at uni-graz.at>
To: <sonja.draxler at uni-graz.at>
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2003 5:31 PM
Subject: WYP2005 - Preparatory Conference

Dear Colleague,

the World Year of Physics 2005 is on track, and so is the 1st Preparatory
Conference in Graz from July 6 to 9. Preeminent scientists working for
WYP2005 have aggreed to serve in the Programme Committee, and efforts to
bring together an attractive group of speakers from science, education, and
science policy are under way.

A number of people have registered already for the conference. If you have
done so and received no confirmation, please inform me by email. If you
plan to attend and have not registered yet, please do so as early as
possible to facilitate the work of the organizers.

Several colleagues have asked for financial support to attend the
conference. If you need support, please register immediately (without
binding obligation to attend, you may cancel if support is insufficient)
and send me an informal application. It will be absolutely imperative to
know within the next few weeks the approximate number of applicants to
secure the funding.

Interesting topics and projects for 2005 have been proposed already,
promising a vivid exchange of ideas at the Preparatory Conference. We will
do our best to keep you informed via our website
www.kfunigraz.ac.at/exp8www/wyp2005/main.htm and appreciate very much any
suggestions and contributions from your side.

We would be glad to meet you in Graz!

Best regards
Max Lippitsch
Local Conference Chairman