[Institut] 10th ICFA School on Instrumentation in Elementary Particle Physics (fwd)

Antun Balaz antun at phy.bg.ac.yu
Sat Sep 13 11:14:06 CEST 2003

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 06:14:38 -0300 (EST)
From: 10th ICFA Instrumentation School <icfa at cbpf.br>
To: Celia Maria Carneiro Monteiro - DME <cema at positron.cat.cbpf.br>
Subject: 10th ICFA School on Instrumentation in Elementary Particle Physics
    (fwd)

Dear Dr,

We would be very grateful if your could sent the message below to the
young researchers in your institute.

Thank you in advance,
                     Erica Polycarpo.
         on behalf of the local organizing committee.
The 10th ICFA School on Instrumentation in Elementary Particle Physics
will take place at the Itacuruca Island, in the state of Rio de Janeiro,
about one hour far from the city of Rio de Janeiro.

This will be the tenth in the series of very successful instrumentation
schools/workshops the ICFA Instrumentation Innovation and Development
Panel has organized for advanced graduate students and Post Docs.

The school program covers topics on physics of gaseous detectors,
particle identification, calorimetry, silicon detectors, signal processing
and data acquisition. In addition to the well established methods, several
review talks will be dedicated to new technologies and to applications in
medical physics, astrophysics and data acquisition. In the laboratory
courses students will work in small groups to exercise selected
experimental techniques: tomography, image acquisition, analog and digital
signal processing, cosmic rays observation etc.

Poster sessions will give the participants an opportunity to show
their own research work and will stimulate discussion and information
interchange.

For this school, we have many applicants from around the globe, including
Europe, Asia, Latin America, and even Africa. We would like to encourage
you to apply soon, since the published deadline for applications is September 26.
For further information on the  school/workshop, check out the Web page,
        "http://www.cbpf.br/icfa2003".

 10th ICFA School on Instrumentation in Elementary Particle Physics
 (8-20 December 2003. Itacuruca, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
 http://www.cbpf.br/icfa2003/
 Centro Brasileiro de Pesquisas Fisicas
 Rua Dr. Xavier Sigaud, 150.
 22290-180 Rio de Janeiro - Brasil