[Institut] svetska godina fizike 2005

Diana Bralic Nebrigic dianab at phy.bg.ac.yu
Fri Feb 20 13:53:42 CET 2004

From: "Mirjana Bozic" <bozic at phy.bg.ac.yu>
To: "Diana Bralic Nebrigic" <dianab at phy.bg.ac.yu>
Sent: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 13:19:44 +0100
Subject: Dopunjen tekst

#########################

20 februar 2004.

Postovane kolege,

Na  sastanku Naucnog saveta Instituta za fiziku odrzanom 17 februara 2003.
Direktor IF-a Dr Dragan Popovic je predlozio da se Institut za fiziku
ukljuci u aktivnosti vezane za Svetsku godinu fizike 2005 (World Year of
Physics 2005 - WYP2005). Pozvani su saradnici IF-a da se o pripremama za
WYP2005 upoznaju na sledecim Web sajtovima:

http://www.phy.bg.ac.yu/jdf/announcements.html  (Yugoslav Physical Society)
http://www.wyp2005.org (European Physical Society) ,
http://www.physics2005.org (American Physical Society)
http://www.wyp2005.at/index.html (Austrian Physical Society)

U nastavku je  Preliminarni plan aktivnosti u SCG vezanih za WYP2005,
sastavljen  na osnovu  razgovora i aktivnosti u Institutu za fiziku i u
Jugoslovenskom fizickom drustvu (JDF),   i naseg ucesca na First Preparatory
Conference for WYP2005 u Grazu (juli 2003).  U Institutu za fiziku treba da
se formira Komitet koji bi sastavio definitivan Plan aktivnosti u vezi
WYP2005 i koordinirao njihovo sprovodjenje.. Molimo kolege, zainteresovane
da budu clanovi toga Komiteta, da se jave Mirjani Popovic-Bozic
(bozic at phy.bg.ac.yu), elektronskom postom ili licno. Komitet IF-a ce
saradjivati sa odgovarajucim Komitetom koji je osnovan u JDF.

Unapred hvala za interesovanje  i saradnju,
Mirjana Popovic-Bozic

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

PRELIMINARY PLAN OF ACTIVITIES  in SRM related to WYP2005

In SRM we  have started to prepare for WYP2005 in several ways:

1. The project idea “Physics in School Architecture” was presented at the
Fifth General Conference of the Balkan Physical Union, which took place in
Serbia in august 2003. This project idea was initiated in Graz by the group
of authors  from the Institute of Physics in Belgrade. It is based on the
assumption that physics could be made more appealing to young people and
students by  making some changes and improvements in the surrounding where
education is being realized. The school building is the nearest surrounding.
Together with arguments supporting this proposal we gave many examples how
this could be realized. The easiest and most effective way  is to map nature
on, in and around the school building. For example, optical and acoustical
phenomena offer the wealth of possibilities.

During 2003 we have  been elaborating  further this Project idea, and we
have been searching for partners among teachers, professors, scientists,
architects, state educational legislatures in Serbia and Montenegro as well
as in other countries.

2. Physicists from the Institute of Physics Laboratory which was leaded by
Rade Antanasijevic,  are interested to realize  in SRM the Educational
Project  “School’s alpha particle radiation survey”. This Project was
presented at the  Graz meeting by Prof. Kalmus  as one of WYP2005 events
planed in Britain and Ireland.   During autumn 2003 preliminary survey of
alpha particle radiation started in few schools  in the south of Serbia,
through the educational project ECO-PHYSICS.

3. We started to induce  interest  of  professors in primary and secondary
schools in SRM to take part in  the International Project of measuring the
radius of the Earth using Erathosten’s method.

4. Institute of Physics in Belgrade plan to organize in 2005 the Conference
preliminary entitled “The Presence of Albert Einstein’s thought in Modern
Physics - 2”.  The first such conference was organized in 1979 in the
National Library of Serbia in Belgrade, to celebrate hundred years of
Einstein’s birth. The Conference was accompanied by the Exhibition of
Einstein’s books, photographs, journals, papers and various
documents.

5. We plan to participate in the International Project of  creating a
Travelling Exibition “Physics as a cultural heritage” planned by M.
Lippitsch and S. Draxler. Tesla is most popular scientist and inventor in
SRM and there exists the Tesla Museum in Belgrade.It is why we think that we
could contribute to this Exibition.

-----
Institute of Physics, Belgrade
http://www.phy.bg.ac.yu