[Institut] Seminar Fizickog fakulteta

Mirzeta Savic mirzetas at ff.bg.ac.yu
Mon Jun 13 11:01:52 CEST 2005

"Matter Wave Optics with Atoms and Molecules"

Professor Christopher P. Search
Stevens Institute of Technology, Hobokone, New Jersey, USA

Abstract: In recent years two of the most important trends in experiments
with ultracold atomic gases has been the production of quantum degenerate
gases of fermionic atoms and the coherent production of molecular dimers
using a Feshbach resonance or photoassociation. While the realization of
atomic Bose-Einstein condensates have exploited close analogies with
conventional optics to extend the field of atom optics to the nonlinear and
quantum regime, it has not been clear whether similar ideas can be usefully
extended to fermionic atoms. We will address this point by discussing
recent results in fermionic atom optics, including the quantum noise limits
in atom interferometry and a study of purely fermionic four-wave mixing. We
will also examine the coherent production molecules starting from a gas of
fermionic atoms and show how it is possible to create molecules exhibiting
novel quantum statistics.

Seminar Ce se odrzati u sredu 15. juna 2005. godine
u 13:30 casova,  fizicki amfiteatar (661), III sprat.