[institut] najava seminara

Vesna Vucic misana at phy.bg.ac.yu
Fri Nov 23 11:42:28 CET 2007

LABORATORIJA ZA GASNU ELEKTRONIKU

najavljuje seminar pod nazivom

“High Resolution Positron Scattering from Atoms and Molecules”

dr Joan Marler
University of Aarhus, Denmark

koji će se održati

u sredu, 28. novembra 2007. godine  u sali 10 Instituta za fiziku sa
početkom u 13 sati

When antimatter attacks is the first line of a recent popular science artice
[1] highlighting research performed at the University of California, San
Diego. Seriously, there is no need form alarm but recent progress in the
ability to accumulate, cool and manipulate anti-matter is leading to an
increased presence of anti-matter particles in fundamental research and in
applications. I will discuss UCSD's state-of the art scheme for positron
(i.e. the anti-electron) trapping and beam formation. This technology has
been exploited in low-energy atomic physics experiments at UCSD and for the
formation of large numbers of anti-hydrogen atoms at CERN. Also, I will give
an overview of new applications involving the positron in biophysics and
condensed matter.