[institut] Fwd: PhD student/PostDoc position

Ana Bankovic anchuga at ipb.ac.rs
Fri Jun 4 13:00:07 CEST 2010

----------------
Dear colleagues,

With this circular, we would like to draw your attention to three
open PhD student positions in the MHD Group at the Astrophysical
Institute of Potsdam (AIP). The institute focuses on the fields
of cosmic magnetic fields and extragalactic astrophysics in general
and has about 150 employees. The topics offered here deal with
magnetohydrodynamic simulations of astrophysical phenomena.

Topics and contact persons are

- DYNAMO ACTION IN PLANETESIMALS, Rainer Arlt (rarlt at aip.de)
 together with Goettingen University
- DYNAMO MODELS OF GALAXIES WITH WIND,
 Detlef Elstner (delstner at aip.de)
- INTERACTION OF SUPERNOVA REMNANTS WITH INTERSTELLAR CLOUDS,
 Udo Ziegler (uziegler at aip.de)

We would be grateful if you can spread the information at your institution.

The student will enjoy the beautiful area of Potsdam and Babelsberg and
benefit from the proximity to Berlin. The successful student will obtain
a PhD from the University of Potsdam. Applications should contain a CV,
graduation documents and one or two addresses of references. The offer
is valid until the positions are filled.

The positions can actually all be converted into somewhat shorter postdoc
positions. Any candidates are welcome!

With best regards,
Rainer Arlt

--
Rainer Arlt - www.aip.de/People/rarlt +49-331-7499-354 skype: rainerarlt
Astrophysikalisches Institut Potsdam (AIP)

Vorstand: Prof. Dr. Matthias Steinmetz, Peter A. Stolz
Stiftung privaten Rechts, Stiftungsverzeichnis Brandenburg: III/7-71-026