[institut] Fwd: IBM stipendije za doktorante

Antun Balaz antun at ipb.ac.rs
Wed Oct 13 19:28:44 CEST 2010

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Angelina Njegus <angelina.njegus at rs.ibm.com>
> Date: 13 October 2010 18:49:46 GMT+02:00
> To: undisclosed-recipients:;
> Subject: IBM stipendije za doktorante
>

> Postovane kolege,
>
> zelim da vas obavestim da IBM stipendira najbolje studente na doktorskim
> studijama u okviru programa "PhD Fellowship program".
> Ove godine se prijave podnose do 2. novembra 2010., ali ako vasi kandidati
> ne stignu do tada, mogu se blagovremeno pripremiti za sledecu godinu do
> novembra 2011. godine.
> Prijave se podnose online na sajtu IBM-a i treba da budu poslate od strane
> profesora koji preporucuje kandidata. Svaki fakultet ili departman moze
> poslati najvise dve nominacije.
> Ispod su detaljnije informacije.
> Za sve dodatne informacije stojim vam na raspolaganju.
> Srecno,
>
> Kind regards
>
> Prof. dr                                       Bulevar Mihajla            (Embedded
> Angelina                                      Pupina No. 6           image moved to
> Njegus                                                                        file:
>                                                                       pic37917.gif)
>
> Academic                                       Belgrade, 11070
> Initiative
> Consultant
>
> IBM Sales &                                    Serbia
> Distribution,
> Software
> Sales
>
> Mobile:       +381-63-324509
>
> e-mail:       angelina.njegus at rs.ibm.com

2011-2012 IBM Ph.D. Fellowship Program

Dear Faculty Colleague:

IBM is pleased to announce the IBM Ph.D. Fellowship program for the 2011-2012 academic year.  We have received many outstanding and exceptional candidates from universities all over the world in the past and encourage your participation. IBM Ph.D. Fellowship nominations may be made by faculty members from September 22 to November 2, 2010.

The IBM Ph.D. Fellowship program honors exceptional Ph.D. students in many academic disciplines and areas of study, for example: computer science and engineering, electrical and mechanical engineering, physical sciences (including chemistry, material sciences, and physics), mathematical sciences (including analytics, statistics, operations research, and optimization), business sciences (including financial services, risk management, marketing, communications, and learning/knowledge management), and service science, management, and engineering (SSME). Additionally, IBM pays special attention to an array of focus areas of interest to IBM and fundamental to innovation, including but not limited to:

·       Technology that creates new business value: Optimization, risk and compliance, business intelligence, information-based medicine, services and software to improve business performance, social networking, information-based medicine and health care management, modeling and data analysis, workforce-based supply chains, Service Science, Management and Engineering (SSME), tools for globalization

·       Innovative software: HCI, new expressive ways of manipulating computers, programming models and tools, language understanding, ontologies, real-time system, real-world-aware systems, intelligent imbedded systems, event-driven computing, Web 2.0, 3D Internet

·       New types of computers: Use of massive parallelism for non-scientific/engineering applications (including those applications), cell/multi-core and hybrid systems, green computing, 3D systems and integration, nanotechnology and post-CMOS devices for digital logic, memory, and communications

·       Interdisciplinary projects that create social and business value: Water and energy modeling and management, management of computer centers virtualization, autonomic computing, cloud computing, Internet data centers, green systems/data centers, green computing

The IBM Ph.D. Fellowship program also supports our long-standing commitment to workforce diversity. IBM values diversity in the workplace and encourages nominations of women, minorities and all who contribute to that diversity.

Please feel free to post this program announcement in your department area. This announcement will also be posted on the Internet at http://www.ibm.com/university/phdfellowship on September 22, 2010 and will be linked to the Internet nomination form. Award recipients will be finalized mid February, 2011 followed by emails to all participants. All supporting documents for the fellowship, such as student's resume, and endorsement by the department head as well as the nominator's recommendation must be included in the nomination form. We ask that each department submit no more than two new nominations (in addition to any existing fellowship nominations to compete for a renewal). In cases of more than one nomination for a fellowship (including competing renewal nominations), the department head's endorsement must include an indication of the relative merits of all the candidates and the department's prioritization of these candidates. Students must be enrolled full-time in a college or university Ph.D. program.

Preference will be given to students who have closely collaborated with technical or services people from IBM, or have co-authored papers, or have faculty research advisors who are close IBM collaborators or have had an IBM internship.

IBM University Relations Ph.D. Fellowships are awarded worldwide. IBM Ph.D. Fellows receive a stipend for the academic year 2011-2012. Fellowships vary by country/geography and the students will be informed at the time of the award what the value is for their country/geography. All IBM Ph.D. Fellows are matched with an IBM Mentor according to their technical interests, and they are strongly encouraged to participate in at least one internship at IBM while completing their studies. While students may accept other supplemental fellowships, to be eligible for the IBM Ph.D. Fellowship they may not accept a major fellowship in addition to the IBM Ph.D. Fellowship. Students in Europe and Russia may accept government scholarships and remain eligible for the IBM Ph.D. Fellowship.

We look forward to receiving your department's nominations.

For further information, see your IBM contact, visit the website above, or contact phdfellow at us.ibm.com

Thank you.

IBM Global University Relations and Innovation Programs