[institut] Najava seminara: Nenad Bozinovic, Twisted light in a fiber, biblioteka, sreda 10. avgust (sutra) u 12:00

Milovan Suvakov suki at ipb.ac.rs
Tue Aug 9 13:56:49 CEST 2011

Postovane koleginice i kolege,

Laboratorija za gasnu elektroniku

najavljuje seminar

"Uvrnuta svetlost u optickom vlaknu"
(Twisted light in a fiber)

koji ce odrzati Nenad Bozinovic koji je PhD student na Bostonskom
Univerzitetu (Boston University) u grupi Prof. Siddharth
Ramachandran-a ( http://people.bu.edu/sidr/index.html ).

Seminar ce biti odrzan u sredu 10. avgusta 2011. (sutra) u biblioteci
Instituta za fiziku

sa pocetkom u 12 sati.

Abstract:

Vortex beams, named by their phase singularity, have been extensively
studied for the last two decades and found their application in the
area of optical trapping, quantum cryptography, laser-machining of
metals, etc. Our research is devoted to studying optical vortices and
their propagation inside the fiber. We are the first group to
demonstrate propagation of vortex beams carrying orbital angular
momentum over kilometer lengths. This opens doors for expanding the
capacity of classical communications channels (OAM multiplexing) or
increasing the dimensionality (and hence security) of quantum
encryption links.

Srdacan pozdrav,

  Milovan Suvakov