[institut] SCL seminar: Parametric Resonance in Bose-Einstein Condensates, A. Pelster, cetvrtak, 29. novembar, 11:00

Antun Balaz antun at ipb.ac.rs
Mon Nov 26 18:18:08 CET 2012

Postovane koleginice i kolege,

Pozivam vas da u cetvrtak, 29. novembra 2012. godine dodjete na SCL seminar koji ce u biblioteci Instituta za fiziku sa pocetkom u 11 casova odrzati Dr. Axel Pelster (Technical University of Kaiserslautern and Hanse-Wissenschaftskolleg, Germany). Naziv seminara je

Parametric Resonance in Bose-Einstein Condensates

Abstract:

We demonstrate parametric resonance in Bose-Einstein condensates (BECs) with attractive two-body interaction in a harmonic trap under parametric excitation by periodic modulation of the s-wave scattering length. We obtain nonlinear equations of motion for the widths of the condensate using a Gaussian variational ansatz for the Gross-Pitaevskii condensate wave function. We conduct both linear and nonlinear stability analyses for the equations of motion and find qualitative agreement, thus concluding that the stability of two equilibrium widths of a BEC might be inverted by parametric excitation.

Srdacan pozdrav,
Antun Balaz

-----
Antun Balaz