[institut] SCL seminar - Nicolas Regnault

Milica Milovanovic mima at ipb.ac.rs
Fri Sep 14 09:37:33 CEST 2012

Postovane koleginice i kolege,

zadovoljstvo mi je da vas pozovem na  SCL seminar koji ce odrzati
Nicolas Regnault u biblioteci Instituta za fiziku u
utorak, 18. septembra 2012. godine, sa pocetkom u 15:15 casova:

Nicolas Regnault (Princeton-ENS Paris)

Fractional Chern Insulators

The interest in the field of topological insulators has exploded in
recent
years. Topological insulators are mainly one body problems, neglecting
interactions. As such, the type of interacting topologically ordered
state
with fractional statistic quasiparticles such as the fractional quantum
Hall (FQH) has not been found or proposed in an weakly interacting
topological insulator. We will show that recent numerical studies,
based
on exact diagonalizations, convincingly indicate that FQH phases may
emerge in strongly interacting topological insulators. We will see that
the fractional Chern insulators might also lead to phases that are
different from those one can find in usual FQH systems.

Srdacan pozdrav,
Milica Milovanovic
--
Institute of Physics Belgrade