[institut] SCL seminar, petak 26. juli, Irena Knezevic

Darko Tanaskovic tanasko at ipb.ac.rs
Wed Jul 24 16:31:05 CEST 2013

Поштоване колегинице и колеге,

Позивам вас на семинар који ће у петак 26. јуlа 2013. године у 14:00 у
читаоници Института за физику да одржи Ирена Кнежевић (Electrical and
Computer Engineering
University of Wisconsin – Madison, USA). Наслов семинара је:

Graphene Plays Dirty: How Impurites and Imperfections Affect the
Physics of Graphene Nanostructures

Graphene, a single sheet of graphite, is a material with a
two-dimensional honeycomb lattice.  Today, it is possible to grow and
transfer large-area graphene sheets, which can be patterned into devices
used for electronic, photonic, and thermoelectric applications. While
pristine suspended graphene has remarkably high electronic and lattice
conductivities, the influence of substrate impurities and various
atomic-sized imperfections drastically affects the transport of charge
and heat in realistic graphene nanostructures. However, the physics of
“dirty” graphene is rich and exciting in its own right. In this talk, I
will present our recent work on detailed microscopic simulation of (1)
ac and dc electronic transport in supported graphene, with emphasis on
short-range Coulomb interactions and impurity clustering, and (2)
thermal transport in graphene sheets and ribbons, with focus on the
diffusive-to-ballistic crossover, the influence of substrate and edge
roughness, and grain boundary scattering.