[institut] SCL seminar: Dipolar BECs in anisotropic disorder, Antun Balaz, petak 7. jun u 14:00

Nenad Vukmirović nenad.vukmirovic at ipb.ac.rs
Tue Jun 4 10:54:43 CEST 2013

Postovane koleginice i kolege,

Pozivam vas na SCL seminar koji ce u petak 7. juna 2013. godine u 14:00
u citaonici Instituta za fiziku odrzati Antun Balaz (SCL, Institut za
fiziku u Beogradu). Naslov seminara i apstrakt su dati u nastavku ove
poruke.

Dipolar Bose-Einstein condensates in a weak anisotropic disorder

Abstract:

In this talk we will study properties of a homogeneous dipolar
Bose-Einstein condensate in a weak anisotropic random potential with
Lorentzian correlation at zero temperature. We will solve perturbatively
the Gross-Pitaevskii equation to second order in the random potential
strength and obtain analytic results for the disorder ensemble averages
of both the condensate and the superfluid depletion, the equation of
state,  and the sound velocity. For a pure contact interaction and a
vanishing correlation length, we will reproduce the seminal results of
Huang and Meng, which were originally derived within a Bogoliubov theory
around a disorder-averaged background field. For dipolar interaction and
isotropic Lorentzian-correlated disorder, the obtained results are
qualitatively similar to the case of an isotropic Gaussian-correlated
disorder. In the case of an anisotropic disorder, the physical
observables show characteristic anisotropies which arise from the
formation of fragmented dipolar condensates in the local minima of the
disorder potential.

Srdacan pozdrav,

--
Др Ненад Вукмировић,