[institut] Seminar centra za fiziku čvrstog stanja i nove materijale- promena sale

Zoran Popovic popozor at ipb.ac.rs
Thu Jun 27 10:21:34 CEST 2013

Poštovane koleginice i kolege,
današnji seminar Centra će se održati u sali Zvonko Marić umesto u
čitaonici. Svi ostali podaci ostaju kako je već najavljeno
Pozdrav
Zoran V. Popovic

U četvrtak 27 juna u 12 časova

Dr Cedomir Petrovic
Condensed Matter Physics, Brookhaven National Laboratory

održaće se seminar sa temom:

Heavy Fermions and Electronic Correlations in FeSb2

Abstract:
Heavy fermion semiconductors have been attracting considerable interest
in the past several decades whereas new materials have been the driving
force in the field [1-4]. One of the main points of interest has been
the mechanism of the gap and its proximity to magnetic ground states,
i.e. the possibility that semiconducting gap is driven by or related to
magnetic interactions [5-7]. In this talk I will discuss heavy fermions
and electronic correlations in FeSb2 [8-9], a
correlated electron semiconductor similar to FeSi [10]. I will address
the similarities and differences with Kondo Insulators [11] as well as
structural and thermoelectric properties of crystals with and without
Metal-Insulator transition [12].