[institut] New Abstract Submission Deadline-YUCOMAT 2015

Zeljka Nikitovic zeljka at ipb.ac.rs
Mon May 11 13:48:39 CEST 2015

YUCOMAT 2015
May 31st – New Abstract Submission Deadline!
June 15th - Advanced Registration Fee Deadline (required for oral
presentations)
July 1st - Preliminary Conference Program
July 31st - Late Registration Fee Deadline (required for poster
presentations)
August 5th - Final Conference Program

Dear Colleague,
Considering the huge interest in participation at YUCOMAT 2015 and
continuing abstract submission, the deadline for the abstract submission
is prolonged till May 31st, so you can still send your contributions for
the Seventeenth Materials Research Society of Serbia Annual Conference
YUCOMAT 2015 (http://www.mrs-serbia.org.rs/index.php/yucomat-2015m) that
will be held in a beautiful little place at the Adriatic coast, Herceg
Novi, Montenegro, August 31st-September 4th, 2015. Conference is
organized by MRS-Serbia, endorsed by Materials Research Society (MRS),
European Materials Research Society (E-MRS) and Federation of European
Materials Societies (FEMS).
Program of the Conference consists of five one-day Symposia dedicated
to advanced methods in materials synthesis and processing, advanced
materials for high-technology application, nanostructured materials,
eco-materials and eco-technologies, and biomaterials. The objective of
the Conference is to critically consider the most actual problems in
materials science and engineering
(http://www.mrs-serbia.org.rs/index.php/conference-programme).
Please note that the on-line registration and abstract submission
(http://www.mrs-serbia.org.rs/index.php/registration) will confirm your
successful submission at the end of the submission automatically and
directly on-line, so please do not send your abstracts and registrations
several times or to me by email! You should write to me only if you did
not see the confirmation and I will check and let you know.
Since this event celebrates 20th Anniversary of the First YUCOMAT
conference, we already have an impressive list of confirmed invited
plenary speakers
(http://www.mrs-serbia.org.rs/index.php/confirmed-invited-plenary-speakers).
Since we expect an exceptional number of participants, we would like to
most cordially urge you to register and submit an abstract on-line as
soon as you can.
A special issue of Journal of Materials Science will be published,
mostly comprising papers by Invited Speakers and few Contributed papers
(http://www.mrs-serbia.org.rs/index.php/supporting-jms). All submitted
papers must be regular articles or review papers. The submission window
will open on September 1 and close on October 1. Review process should
be completed by January 31 and special issue ready by April 2016.
Incidentally, Journal of Materials Science will be celebrating its 50th
Anniversary in 2016, and it will be an excellent year to join
celebrations!
Please look at the information about conference fees and hotel room
reservations and prices.
Conference fees are the same as previous years
(http://www.mrs-serbia.org.rs/index.php/2015-01-05-13-53-50/conference-fees).
As always, advance rate fee is available until June 15th, which is also
a deadline for all oral presentations fees payment. The late rate fee is
valid until July 31st, which is a deadline for the poster presentations
as a guarantee that they will be included in the Book of Abstracts,
published in August. After that day, abstracts for poster presentations
can still be submitted and fees for them paid through Bank transfer
before the conference or on site in cash. Those abstracts will be
included in the on site conference program, but not in the Book of
Abstracts. Please contact me if you need a pro-formo invoice prior fee
payment. Otherwise, Bank transfer details are available on the
conference website. If you are eligible for the student rate fee,
according to the conditions given on website, please send me scanned
certificate confirming your student status from your University.
Please note that the number of hotel beds at Sun Resort Hotel
(conference venue,
http://www.mrs-serbia.org.rs/index.php/2015-01-05-13-53-50/accomodation)
reserved for the conference participants is limited, and their
availability is based on “first-in, first-served”. From the experience,
all rooms are reserved by the end of June. We received the prices for
the secondary hotel, Plaza Hotel, and will post them on the website very
soon.
If you already participated at one of the previous YUCOMAT Conferences,
please be so kind and send me few sentences with your impressions from
the conference (scientifically, socially and organizationally) and
Herceg Novi as a traditional conference venue. Also, if you have any
suggestions how to improve any aspect of the conference, please write
that, too.
I am looking forward to seeing you at YUCOMAT 2015.
Best regards,

Aleksandra Stojicic
Conference Secretary
yucomat at mrs-serbia.org.rs