[institut] SCL Seminar: Jaksa Vucicevic, Friday, 3 March, 11:00

Darko Tanaskovic tanasko at ipb.ac.rs
Thu Mar 2 12:29:57 CET 2017

Dear colleagues,

You are cordially invited to the SCL seminar of the Center for the Study
of Complex Systems, which will be held on Friday, 3 March 2017 at 11:00
in the library reading room “Dr. Dragan Popović" of the Institute of
Physics Belgrade. The talk entitled

Monte Carlo methods for general lattice fermions

will be given by Dr. Jakša Vučičević (IPhT, CEA Saclay, France;
Scientific Computing Laboratory, Center for the Study of Complex
Systems, Institute of Physics Belgrade).

Abstract of the talk:

In the study of various lattice models, Monte Carlo methods have been
invaluable, and often the only means of reaching controlled and
non-perturbative solutions. Especially in dynamical mean-field theories,
a model of a finite-size lattice coupled to an external fermionic bath
is always solved, sometimes with retarded interactions, and often with
the need of calculating higher-order correlation functions. In this
seminar, we will introduce the basic idea of Monte Carlo methods, and
present how it is applied in the context of fully general lattice
fermions. The focus will be on the interaction expansion continuous time
algorithm; we will discuss the common optimization techniques and the
use of numerical free parameters as a way of controlling the sign
problem.

Best regards,
Darko Tanasković

Institute of Physics Belgrade