[institut] Seminar Katedre za astronomiju - 14. novembar 2017.

Katedra za astronomiju astronom at poincare.matf.bg.ac.rs
Mon Nov 13 11:15:11 CET 2017

                     Seminar iz astronomije i astrofizike

                              Daniel Asmus
           European Southern Observatory, University of Southampton

         "What the European Southern Observatory has to offer
                       and how you can use it"

       utorak, 14. novembar  2017. godine, u 18 sati, u ucionici 809.

ABSTRACT: The European Southern Observatory (ESO) is the leading
astronomical observatory in the world operating three world-class sites all
situated in the Atacama desert in Chile. It offers access to all its telescopes
to all astronomers world-wide, not only to its members. This includes
state-of-the-art observations as a community service but also excellent
opportunities to work directly at ESO at all career stages. I will give a quick
overview of ESO's observing facilities and show how to access them including
advice on proposal writing. In the final part, the ESO fellow and studentship
programmes hosted in Germany and Chile will be presented. This presentation is
planned to be very informal and interactive so that we can concentrate on the
main interests of the audience.