[institut] Seminar AOB, 22. 11. 2018.

Maša Lakićević mlakicevic at aob.rs
Wed Nov 14 10:27:13 CET 2018

Dear colleagues,

In the Library of the Astronomical Observatory in Belgrade (Volgina 7),
on Thursday, November 22, 2018, starting at 13 h, a Seminar in
astrophysics will be held:

Speaker: dr Evgeniya Egorova (SAI MSU & SAO RAS, Russia)

 Title: Search for gas accretion imprints in void galaxies

ABSTRACT:

Many void galaxies reveal lower metallicity for their luminosity in
comparison with galaxies in denser environment. It may be treated as
evidence of a slower evolution of galaxies in voids, or it may be the
result of mergers, interactions between galaxies, and the accretion of
the
metal-poor gas. In our study we are searching for imprints of gas
accretion
onto galaxies residing in voids. The accretion events could lead to drop
of
metallicity in certain regions, kinematical perturbations and star
formation on the periphery of galaxies. To examine the hypothesis of gas
accretion onto selected void galaxies we observed them with Fabry-Perot
interferometer and with long-slit spectrograph at 6m SAO RAS telescope
(Russia) and performed deep optical photometry with 2.5m telescope of
SAI
MSU (Russia).