[institut] SCL Seminar: Liviu Chioncel, Thursday, April 24, (TOMORROW) 11:00 (Please note the time 11.00)

Milos Radonjic milos.radonjic at ipb.ac.rs
Tue Apr 23 11:38:44 CEST 2019

Dear colleagues,

You are cordially invited to the SCL seminar of the Center for the Study
of Complex Systems, which will be held on Thursday, April 24, 2019 at
11:00 in the library reading room “Dr. Dragan Popović" of the Institute
of Physics Belgrade. The talk entitled

Ab-initio typical-medium single-site theory for disordered systems

will be given by prof. dr. Liviu Chioncel (Augsburg Center for
Innovative Technologies, and Center for Electronic Correlations and
Magnetism, Theoretical Physics III, Institute of Physics, University of
Augsburg).

Abstract of the talk:
We introduce a self-consistent method to perform electronic structure
calculations of disordered systems. The approach employs the single-site
typical medium theory and is formulated in the language of multiple
scattering. We present the formalism, implementation details and
applications for realistic materials in which we find characteristics of
Anderson localization, i.e., extended states and localized levels in
different regions of the impurity bands.

Best regards,
Miloš Radonjić

--
Dr. Miloš Radonjić