[institut] Seminar Zoran Grujic ponedeljak 16 decembar

Brana Jelenkovic branaj at ipb.ac.rs
Sun Dec 15 22:17:44 CET 2019

          SEMINAR Centra za fotoniku

               Zroan Grujic

Search for- or measurement of- the neutron electrical dipole moment

Abstract:
Very narrow constraints are set by values of Electrical Dipole Moments
(EDMs), as they brake parity and time-reversal symmetries, on the models
beyond standard model (SM) of particle physics. They must include low
level of CP (charge, parity) violation in K  (decays of the neutral K
mesons) and B (beauty mesons) systems and to explain the large baryon
asymmetry of the Universe in the same time. The current limit of the
neutron Electrical Dipole Moment (nEDM) has already set requirements for
considerable fine-tuning of MSSM parameters - the so-called "SUSY CP
problem.

The most sensitive nEDM experiment was operated by nEDM international
collaboration (2015-2017, results to be submitted shortly) at the Paul
Scherrer Institute (PSI) in Switzerland. Currently the nEDM
collaboration is constructing improved version of the experiment (n2EDM)
using the same PSI infrastructure.

In my talk I will present the old nEDM experiment at PSI and its
improvements towards n2EDM. From December 2018 the Institute of Physics
Belgrade is full member of the nEDM collaboration with Dr. Zoran D.
Grujić as its representative.

U ponedeljak 16 decembar, u 12:30 u biblioteci Dragan Popovic

--
Brana Jelenkovic
Photonics Center