[institut] Naucno-strucni skup AOB, 10. jul 2019

Maša Lakićević mlakicevic at aob.rs
Wed Jul 3 13:20:33 CEST 2019

Dear colleagues,

The next Seminar of the Astronomical Observatory in Belgrade (Volgina 7)
will take place on Wednesday 10th July, starting at 13h, in the Library.

Speaker: dr Gerard Michael Williger, Konkoly Observatory, Hungary and
University Louisville, Kentucky

Title: LSST-Euclid Synergy

ABSTRACT:
Euclid and LSST are two independent projects which complement each other
very well scientifically, but which have had significant problems in
working together due to non-scientific reasons. I will first give a
head-to-head comparison of the two projects, then discuss several areas
where collaboration would significantly improve the results compared to
each project working independently. These areas
include deblending objects, spectral information for/IR colours of
variable sources, galaxy morphologies, improving galaxy ellipticity
measurements for weak lensing studies, improved photometric redshifts,
more precise cluster mass estimates etc. I will describe some of the
possible areas of collaborations. This talk is based largely on Rhodes
et al. (2017, ApJS, 233, 21) but I may add more recent material.