[institut] Naucno-strucni skup, 19. 11. 2019.

Maša Lakićević mlakicevic at aob.rs
Tue Nov 12 11:55:56 CET 2019

Dear colleagues,

The next Seminar of the Astronomical Observatory in Belgrade (Volgina 7)
will take place on Tuesday, 19th November 2019, starting at 14h, in the
Library.

Speakers: dr Darko Jevremović and dr Luka Č. Popović

Title: LSST and Serbian science in the light of changes of US funding
policies.

ABSTRACT:

There is a major shift in the LSST funding policies. We heard a bit
about it in our July's meeting. Namely, US funding agencies (DOE and
NSF) no longer accept monetary contribution in exchange to data rights.
It changes name of the game in a sense that everyone who intends to do
anything with LSST data in the next 10-15 years, has to rethink how to
obtain data rights. We will present the latest information we are able
to obtain including LSST solititation for new LOI's. Working language of
the meeting will be English.