[institut] [SPIG2020] Second Announcement

Jelena Kovacevic Dojcinovic jkovacevic at aob.bg.ac.rs
Thu Jun 4 19:18:35 CEST 2020

Dear colleagues,

We hope that this email finds you well.

The SPIG2020 Organizing Committees have carefully considered the current
situation with the COVID-19 pandemic, and have decided that this "30th
Summer School and International Symposium on the Physics of Ionized
Gases" will be held as initially planned in August 24-28, 2020, in
Šabac, Serbia, in an upgraded format.

It is important to emphasize that during the meeting, we will take all
the necessary measures and recommendations in order to make the safe
environment for the SPIG2020 participants (e.g. extra space in the
conference hall, more options for organized transportation, etc.) One
important thing to note is that the venue place allows for this, since
the conference hall can host more than 300 participants.

However, we are aware that the last few months had significant impact on
our life and activities, thus we introduce important new possibilities:

************************
1. Virtual participation.
************************
In addition to the regular in-site participation, we are enabling
virtual participation to those who are not able to attend the conference
due to circumstances caused by covid 19. The virtual participants will
be able to present their work, listen to other presentations, and
contribute to the discussion. More details on the format will be
announced on the website.

We strongly encourage all participants to attend the SPIG2020 conference
if possible, therefore all virtually registered participants can upgrade
their virtual to regular participation, the latest until August 1, 2020.

2. New deadline for registration and contributed papers
We are extending the upcoming deadline for registration and sending the
contributed papers. The new deadline is June 20, 2020.

3. Early registration fee and special-rates hotel booking
We are also extending the deadline for the early registration fee
payment. The new deadline is July 15, 2020.

For the hotel booking with special SPIG2020 rates, we will try to
negotiate with the hotel to accept late booking, which could be
especially important for those who decide to either register late or
upgrade their registration type. More information will be announced on
the website.

************************
4. EPJ D Topical Issue
************************
Please note that the EPJ D Topical Issue “Advances in Physics of Ionized
Gases and Spectroscopy of Isolated Complex Systems: from Biomolecules to
Space Particles" (2020) is open for submissions. For details follow the
link: http://www.spig2020.ipb.ac.rs/Topical_Issue.html

For all further information follow our official webpage:
http://www.spig2020.ipb.ac.rs
or if you have any other questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you.

With best regards,
SPIG2020 Organizers