[institut] [phys4phys] Group for Gravitation, Particle and Fields on-line seminar, Friday, 9 April 2021

Voja Radovanovic rvoja at ipb.ac.rs
Wed Apr 7 21:01:17 CEST 2021

Dear colleagues,

we remind you that on Friday, 9 April 2021 Marija Dimitrijevic Ciric
(Faculty of Physics, University of Belgrade) continues her seminar on
braided deformation of field theory and noncommutative gravity. The
seminar begins at 11:15 and it can be followed via the BigBlueButton
platform (link is given below)

For convenience, we repeat the title and abstract of the talk once
again.

Title: Application of L-infinity Algebras: Braided Deformation of Field
Theory and Noncommutative Gravity

Abstract: In this talk, we discuss a possibility to apply the L-infinity
algebra formalism in the construction of field theories and gravity on
noncommutative spaces. To do this we have to introduce a new homotopy
algebraic structure, that we call a braided $L_\infty$-algebra. Then we
use the braided $L_\infty$-algebra to systematically construct a new
class of noncommutative field theories, that we call braided field
theories. Braided field theories have gauge symmetries which realize a
braided Lie algebra, whose Noether identities are inhomogeneous
extensions of the classical identities, and which do not act (in a
standard/obvious way) on the solutions of the field equations.

In the first talk, we will motivate the introduction of braided gauge
field theories and we will repeat the basics of the twist deformation
formalism introduced by Drinfeld in 1985.

In the second talk, we will define braided gauge theories and discuss
how they fit in the braided L-infinity algebra formalism. Finally, we
will present two examples: braided Chern-Simons theory and braided
Einstein-Cartan-Palatini 4D gravity.

The seminar is based on:

MDC, G. Giotopoulos, V. Radovanovic, R. J. Szabo, $L_\infty$-Algebras of
Einstein-Cartan-Palatini Gravity, JMP  61, 112502 (2020),  arXiv:
2003.06173.

MDC, G. Giotopoulos, V. Radovanovic, R. J. Szabo, {\it Braided
$L_\infty$-Algebras, Braided Field Theory and Noncommutative Gravity},
arXiv:2103.08939.

Time: April 9, 2021 11:15 Belgrade

https://gravityserver.ipb.ac.rs/b/mar-xoo-t1v-vwn

Best regards,