[institut] [phys4phys] Group for Gravitation, Particle and Fields on-line seminar, Friday 3 December 2021

Marija Dimitrijevic Ciric dmarija at ipb.ac.rs
Wed Dec 1 10:07:04 CET 2021

Dear colleagues,

You are cordially invited to the online seminar of the Group for
Gravitation, Particles and Fields, which will be held on Friday, 3
December 2021 at 11:00 via the BigBlueButton platform (link is given
below).

The talk entitled

Black hole entropy and the information loss paradox

is a continuation of the "Black hole entropy" series of seminars and
will be given by Dragoljub Gocanin (Faculty of Physics, University of
Belgrade).

Abstract: This talk will be devoted to the so-called wormhole replica
trick and the notion of an island - a kind of a quantum extremal surface
recently advocated by Maldacena. We will explain how the application of
the holographic principle leads to the unitary Page curve. A
generalization of the original formula for a generalized entropy is
achieved via the notions of a quantum extremal surface and an island.
Using the gravity path integral we will present additional arguments in
favour of this approach.

Time: December 3, 2021 11:00 Belgrade

https://gravityserver.ipb.ac.rs/b/mar-xoo-t1v-vwn

Best regards,