[institut] Center for solid state physics and new materials seminar: Anton Gradišek, Thursday, December 15th 2022, 13:00

Bojana Višić bojanav at ipb.ac.rs
Mon Dec 12 09:59:09 CET 2022

Dear colleagues,

You are cordially invited to the "Center for solid state physics and new
materials" seminar, which will be held on Thursday, December 15th 2022
at 13:00 in the library reading room “Dr Dragan Popović" of the
Institute of Physics Belgrade.

The talk entitled: "Studies of molecular dynamics in hydrogen storage
materials and solid-state electrolytes by nuclear magnetic resonance"

will be given by Dr Anton Gradišek, Assistant Professor, Solid State
Physics Department, Jožef Stefan Institute, Ljubljana, Slovenia

Abstract:

In view of global energy supply crisis and climate emergency, hydrogen
is yet again becoming an attractive energy carrier. It can be produced
using renewables and leaves only water when using it in a fuel cell.
However, before a wider adoption of hydrogen technologies, there are
still several technical challenges that need to be addressed. In the
first part of the seminar, I will present an overview of some topics
related to hydrogen economy. In the second part, I will focus on some of
our studies of molecular dynamics by means of nuclear magnetic resonance
(NMR). Initially, we started investigating metal hydrides as possible
hydrogen storage materials. Our research then shifted to solid-state
electrolytes that could be used in fuel cells. I will demonstrate how
NMR can be used to study dynamic processes either on a long or on a
short scale.

Best regards,

Bojana Višić