[institut] [phys4phys] Group for Gravitation, Particle and Fields seminar, Friday 23 December 2022

Marija Dimitrijevic Ciric dmarija at ipb.ac.rs
Tue Dec 20 20:35:45 CET 2022

Dear colleagues,

You are cordially invited to the seminar of the Group for Gravitation,
Particles and Fields, which will be held on Friday, 23 December 2022 at
11:00 at the Faculty of Physics, lecture hall 665.

The talk entitled

Introduction to category theory and n-groups (part 2)

is the second in the series of seminars on n-groups and categories and
will be given by Marko Vojinovic (Institute of Physics Belgrade).

Abstract: This is the second of a sequence of lectures about higher
category theory and n-groups. We will introduce the notions of a
category, a group, and a functor, after which we shall give a couple of
examples convenient for physics. If time permits, we will also introduce
the notions of a strict and weak 2-category, a 2-group, and a crossed
module, also with appropriate examples.

The lecture is based on material from papers arXiv:q-alg/9705009,
arXiv:1003.4485.

Time: December 16, 2022 11:00 Belgrade

Faculty of Physics, lecture hall 665, 3rd floor

Best regards,

Marija Dimitrijevic Ciric

University of Belgrade
Faculty of Physics