[institut] [phys4phys] Naučno-stručni skup AOB (14. 01.)

Ana Vudragovic ana at aob.rs
Tue Jan 4 18:29:53 CET 2022

Dear colleagues,

we are inviting you to the Scientific meeting that will be held at the Library of the Astronomical Observatory of Belgrade on Friday, January 14. The talk entitled “First results from the THESAN project: predictions for
multi-tracer line intensity mapping in the epoch of reionization” will be given by Rahul Kannan, who is coming from the Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory (SAO). The talk will be recorded and uploaded to the official Youtube channel of the Astronomical Observatory of Belgrade (https://www.youtube.com/c/AstronomskaOpservatorijaBeograd) during the same evening.

For those who are not able to attend the talk at the Library, we are providing the link to join via Webex alive:
Join information

Meeting link:
https://matf.webex.com/matf/j.php?MTID=me522fc9e76679effe8170461d4c35b29 <https://matf.webex.com/matf/j.php?MTID=me522fc9e76679effe8170461d4c35b29>
Meeting number:
2390 529 3298
Password:
7ReA2fUJBb3
Host key:
483516
Join by video system
Dial 23905293298 at matf.webex.com
You can also dial 62.109.219.4 and enter your meeting number.
Join by phone
Use VoIP only

Abstract:
------------
Current and upcoming facilities like JWST, ALMA, HERA, SPHEREx
etc., will unleash a flood of high redshift observational data that will
usher the study of the Epoch of Reionization (EoR) into a new era,
making it the next big frontier in cosmological structure formation. It
is therefore important for theoretical models to achieve sufficient
accuracy and physical fidelity to meaningfully interpret these
observational results. This requires a realistic description of galaxy
formation in an evolving radiation field.  In this talk, I will
introduce the THESAN simulation project that couples state-of-the-art
galaxy formation models with accurate radiative transfer, dust, and
non-equilibrium thermochemistry. The suite consists of large volume
(~100 Mpc), high resolution (~10 pc) simulations designed to
simultaneously model the large-scale statistical properties of the
intergalactic medium (IGM) during reionization and the resolved
characteristics of the galaxies responsible for it. I will briefly
discuss applications from the first set of papers, including predictions
for high redshift galaxy properties, LyC escape fractions and the
emergence of the Lyman-alpha forest. I will finish by highlighting the
potential of using Line intensity mapping of spectral lines originating
from the interstellar medium (ISM) of galaxies and the 21 cm emission
from the neutral hydrogen gas in the Universe to accurately characterize
the sources that dominate the ionizing photon budget.

Welcome!
Ana Vudragović
Research Associate
Astronomical Observatory