[institut] Reminder: SCL online seminar: Vladimir Dobrosavljevic, Thursday, 28 July, 14:00

Darko Tanaskovic tanasko at ipb.ac.rs
Thu Jul 28 08:15:02 CEST 2022

Dear colleagues,

You are cordially invited to the SCL online seminar of the Center for
the Study of Complex Systems, which will be held on Thursday, 28 July
2022 at 14:00 on Zoom (link is given below). The talk entitled

TITLE:  Disorder-dominated quantum criticality in moiré bilayers

will be given by Dr. Vladimir Dobrosavljevic (Florida State University
and NHMFL, Tallahassee, USA). Abstract of the talk:

Moiré bilayer materials have recently attracted much attention following
the discovery of various correlated insulating states at specific band
fillings. Here we discuss the metal-insulator transitions (MITs) that
have been observed in the same devices, but at fillings far from the
strongly correlated regime dominated by Mott-like physics, displaying
many similarities to other examples of disorder-dominated MITs. We
propose a minimal theoretical model describing the interplay of
interactions and disorder, which is able to capture most experimental
trends observed on several devices.

Time: Jul 28, 2022 14:00 Belgrade
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85705508687?pwd=c2xLNUxuL3pBa2JmM2NFd2k5V0c1dz09

Meeting ID: 857 0550 8687