[institut] [phys4phys] Naučno-stručni skup AOB (20.06.2022.)

Ana Vudragovic ana at aob.rs
Mon Jun 13 11:55:27 CEST 2022

Poštovane koleginice i kolege,

u biblioteci Astronomske opservatorije biće održan *** Naučno-stručni skup *** u ponedeljak, 20. juna sa početkom u 13h (uživo).

Tema: Observing Supernovae at their infancy, new telescope arrays, and additional projects & facilities currently operating at Weizmann

Izlagač: Ofer Yaron, Benoziyo Center for Astrophysics, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel

Apstrakt:
-----------
With the emergence and advance of modern, robotic, wide-field sky surveys over the last decade we have recently entered an era of day-1 Supernova science – in terms of both discovery and response/follow-up campaigns. Observing Supernovae right after explosion, during a very limited time window, enables us to derive significant insights about the nature of the progenitor star/system, and what might be happening during the very last months-years in the lives of massive stars.
I will review the major relevant studies and findings performed by our group over the last several years, mostly as part of the collaboration with the pioneering Palomar observatory sky surveys (PTF, ZTF), and will also mention additional projects and facilities that we’ve been developing at Weizmann which support the global transient/time-domain activity. A new observatory we’re currently building in the Israeli desert will consist of unique telescope arrays that will further boost our ability to discover and follow up interesting events, with yet decreasing cadence and increasing efficiency.

Za one koji nisu u mogućnosti da dođu u biblioteku, link za praćenje izlaganja uživo preko Webex-a:
https://matf.webex.com/matf/j.php?MTID=mae275a66ae85488bf9af5313eb53a70c <https://matf.webex.com/matf/j.php?MTID=mae275a66ae85488bf9af5313eb53a70c>

Izlaganje će biti snimljeno i postavljeno na zvanični Youtube kanal Astronomske opservatorije tokom iste večeri (https://www.youtube.com/c/AstronomskaOpservatorijaBeograd <https://www.youtube.com/c/AstronomskaOpservatorijaBeograd><https://www.youtube.com/c/AstronomskaOpservatorijaBeograd <https://www.youtube.com/c/AstronomskaOpservatorijaBeograd>).

Dobrodošli!
Ana Vudragović
Research Associate
Astronomical Observatory