[institut] [phys4phys] Naučno-stručni skup AOB (14.06.2023.)

Ana Vudragovic ana at aob.rs
Tue Jun 13 10:16:11 CEST 2023

Drage koleginice i kolege,

u biblioteci Astronomske opservatorije biće održan *** Naučno-stručni skup *** u sredu, 14. juna sa početkom u 12h.

Izlagač: Elena Shablovinskaya (Núcleo de Astronomía de la Facultad de Ingeniería, Universidad Diego Portales, Santiago, Chile & Special Astrophysical Observatory of RAS, 369167, Nizhny Arkhyz, Russia)

Tema: Active Galactic Nuclei through the prism of optical polarimetry

Rezime:
Active galactic nuclei (AGN), which contain supermassive black
holes (SMBH) at their centres, represent an extreme example of the
conversion of gravitational energy through mass accretion. Modern
studies employ various multi-wavelength observational techniques to
investigate the structure and physical processes of AGN. Polarimetry is
a powerful yet underutilized tool that can provide new insights into the
AGN's inner geometry and properties, but these observations are
challenging and, thus, rarely used. In this report, I am going to
introduce the key ideas of AGN polarimetry in optics highlighting the
physical processes and common tricks of data reduction. I briefly
discuss how different polarization signatures in the continuum and broad
emission lines relate to the mechanisms of polarization generation and
help to determine the parameters of the accretion disk, BLR and dusty
torus in AGN. Illustrating the physical mechanisms I will show the
recent observational results on AGN spectropolarimetry obtained at the
6m Russian telescope.

Za one koji nisu u mogućnosti da dođu u biblioteku, link za praćenje izlaganja uživo preko Webex-a:
https://matf.webex.com/matf/j.php?MTID=md3ae3a210fcca0bb95cabc1b803efed5
https://matf.webex.com/matf/j.php?MTID=m1fdd7882fad307333a5898f04eea65a0

Izlaganje će biti snimljeno i postavljeno na zvanični Youtube kanal Astronomske opservatorije (https://www.youtube.com/c/AstronomskaOpservatorijaBeograd <http://www.youtube.com/c/AstronomskaOpservatorijaBeograd><https://www.youtube.com/c/AstronomskaOpservatorijaBeograd)

Dobrodošli!
Ana Lalović
Senior Research Associate
Astronomical Observatory