[institut] [phys4phys] Group for Gravitation, Particle and Fields seminar, Friday 10 March 2023

Marija Dimitrijevic Ciric dmarija at ipb.ac.rs
Tue Mar 7 13:55:51 CET 2023

Dear colleagues,

You are cordially invited to the seminar of the Group for Gravitation,
Particles and Fields, which will be held on Friday, 10 March 2023 at
11:00 at the Faculty of Physics, lecture hall 665.

The talk entitled

Symmetry breaking mechanisms in the 3BF action

will be given by Pavle Stipsic (Institute of Physics Belgrade).

Abstract: In this talk we discuss the construction of an action for
Standard model coupled to gravity in the formalism of 3-groups. We start
from the topological action and add the simplicity constraints to it.
These constraints explicitly break the initial symmetry of the
topological action up to the symmetry of the Standard model. In addition
to the explicit symmetry breaking, the equivalent of the BEH mechanism
in the electroweak interactions is demonstrated.

Time: March 10, 2023 11:00 Belgrade

Faculty of Physics, lecture hall 665, 3rd floor

Best regards,

Marija Dimitrijevic Ciric

University of Belgrade
Faculty of Physics