[institut] [phys4phys] SCL online seminar: Petar Tadic, Thursday, 23 March, 14:00

Antun Balaz antun at ipb.ac.rs
Fri Mar 17 16:45:21 CET 2023

Dear colleagues,

You are cordially invited to the SCL online seminar of the Center for the Study of Complex Systems, which will be held on Thursday, 23 March 2023 at 14:00 on Zoom (link is given below). The talk entitled

Conformal bootstrap of the five-point correlators

will be given by Dr. Petar Tadić (Department of Physics, University of Yale, USA). The abstract of the talk:

In this talk we will review the five-point correlation function of external scalar operators in the conformal field theory. We will show how one can compute the five-point conformal blocks for arbitrary spin of exchanged operators in any spacetime dimension using only two quadratic Casimir differential equations and the appropriate ansatz of the conformal blocks. We will then consider the five-point correlators in the free theory and the critical Ising model in three-dimensional spacetime. We will truncate the operator product expansions (OPE) in the correlators to include just a finite number of exchanged operators and use the crossing symmetry to numerically compute the OPE coefficients of two spinning and one scalar operator. These OPE coefficients were not previously known in the critical Ising model.

Time: Mar 23, 2023 14:00 Belgrade

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89470027847?pwd=WTRETzdmejlGY3dGd2ZRK2FEcTVLQT09

Meeting ID: 894 7002 7847
Passcode: 528426

Best regards,
Antun Balaž

-----
Dr. Antun Balaž
Research Professor

http://www.scl.rs/antun
Phone: +381 11 3713152
Fax: +381 11 3162190

Scientific Computing Laboratory
Center for the Study of Complex Systems

Institute of Physics Belgrade
National Institute of the Republic of Serbia
Pregrevica 118, 11080 Belgrade, Serbia
-----