[institut] [phys4phys] SCL online seminar: Aleksandra Aloric, Thursday, 1 June, 14:00

Antun Balaz antun at ipb.ac.rs
Fri May 26 14:55:50 CEST 2023

Dear colleagues,

You are cordially invited to the SCL online seminar of the Center for the Study of Complex Systems, which will be held on Thursday, 1 June 2023 at 14:00 on Zoom (the link is given below). The talk entitled

Agent-based modeling in the field of socio-economic complex systems

will be given by Dr. Aleksandra Alorić (Algebra AI, Belgrade). The abstract of the talk:

Understanding how interesting macroscopic patterns emerge out of a large number of simple microscopic interactions has been the focus of statistical physics for a very long time. In a similar vein is our desire to explain the development of macroscopic patterns at the level of society and other socio-economic systems starting from interactions of the simplest interacting elements - modeled by agents. In this talk, we will discuss several applications of agent-based models to tackle phenomena in the domains of finance, knowledge production, information transformation within communities, etc. In some cases, we can develop detailed analytical solutions in small and large population limits (questions of fragmentation in financial markets), while in others, we use numerical simulations to inform experiments. In all cases, these models allow us to learn more about the underlying systems by testing different policy strategies and investigating systems' behavior in the domains inaccessible to experimentation.

Time: Jun 1, 2023 14:00 Belgrade

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81186671554?pwd=bUVKcFE0YTVMTDF4YUJsL3dxWVh5QT09

Meeting ID: 811 8667 1554
Passcode: 971255

Best regards,
Antun Balaž

-----
Dr. Antun Balaž
Research Professor

http://www.scl.rs/antun
Phone: +381 11 3713152
Fax: +381 11 3162190

Scientific Computing Laboratory
Center for the Study of Complex Systems

Institute of Physics Belgrade
National Institute of the Republic of Serbia
Pregrevica 118, 11080 Belgrade, Serbia
-----