[institut] Seminar Ivan Hristov, 11. Oct., 12:00

Veljko Dmitrasinovic dmitrasin at ipb.ac.rs
Tue Oct 3 12:00:03 CEST 2023

Dear colleagues,

You are cordially invited to the lecture by prof. dr. Ivan Hristov,
Faculty of Mathematics and Informatics, Sofia University, Sofia,
Bulgaria,
organized by the COE for non-equilibrium processes, which will be held
on Wednesday, 11th October 2023, at 12:00 in the library room "Dragan
Popović",
Institute of Physics.

The title of the talk is:
"Computing periodic orbits for the planar three-body problem with
Newton's method"

Abstract of the talk:

In this seminar Newton's method for computing high-precision periodic
orbits for the planar three-body problem will be discussed [1].
Symmetric initial configuration with parallel velocities [2] and the
free-fall initial configuration [3,4] are considered. We solve the
system of ODEs with the multiple precision high-order Taylor series
method [5]. A modification of the method with better convergence
properties is also introduced.