[institut] [phys4phys] Group for Gravitation, Particle and Fields seminar, Friday, 12 April 2024

dgocanin dgocanin at ipb.ac.rs
Tue Apr 9 23:51:03 CEST 2024

Dear colleagues,

You are cordially invited to the seminar of the Group for Gravitation,
Particles and Fields, which will be held on Friday, 12 April 2024, at
11:00 at the Institute of Physics Belgrade, lecture hall 360.

The talk entitled

Perturbiner expansion: old and new

will be given by Guillaume Trojani (Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh,
UK).

Abstract: In their seminal, Berends and Giele identified an efficient
algorithm for computing n-point tree level scattering amplitudes in
gauge theory. Later,  the pertubiner expansion was developed to generate
the Berends-Giele recursion relation to study any quantum field theory
at tree level. This talk aims to reintroduce these techniques in the
light of the modern language of homotopy algebras, with an eye towards
the recent development of loop level techniques. Indeed, the recursion
relations are natural consequences of the Homotopy perturbation lemma
relating an interacting field theory and its underlying free theory.
Time permitting, I will comment on current work where we apply this
algebraic machinery to braided field theories, which are noncommutative
field theories deformed in a controlled manner.

Time: April 12, 2024 11:00 Belgrade

Institute of Physics Belgrade, lecture hall 360, 2nd floor

BigBlueButton platform link:
https://gravityserver.ipb.ac.rs/b/mar-ae0-f4q-qww