[institut] [phys4phys] PSI summer schools 2024

Mihailo Čubrović cubrovic at ipb.ac.rs
Wed Apr 10 17:58:54 CEST 2024

Dear colleagues,

(apologies if you get multiple copies of this message)

We would like to announce this year's edition of Petnica Summer
Institute (PSI 2024), to be held at Petnica, Serbia on August 1-10 2024.
PSI is a summer school aimed at MSc students but also junior PhD and
senior BSc students. This year we are for the first time organizing two
summer schools in parallel. One school is on High Energy Theory and the
other on Cosmology. The schools will include lectures, problem solving
and independent work.

Topics (High Energy Theory): Aspects of QFT at Finite Temperature;
Introduction to Conformal Field Theories; Black Hole Physics;
Introduction to AdS/CFT correspondence; 2d Quantum Gravity

Lecturers (High Energy Theory): Andreas Blommaert (SISSA, Trieste);
Lorenzo Di Pietro (University of Trieste); Roberto Emparan (University
of Barcelona); Kyriakos Papadodimas (CERN, Geneva) [TBC]; Balt van Rees
(Ecole Polytechnique, Paris) [TBC]

Topics (Cosmology): Introduction to Cosmology; Early Universe Physics;
Inflation; Cosmic Microwave Background; Large-Scale Structure of the
Universe; Numerical Simulations and Machine Learning in Cosmology

Lecturers (Cosmology): Mateja Bošković (DESY, Hamburg); Giovanni Cabass
(RBI, Zagreb); Valentina Danieli (SISSA, Trieste); Enea Di Dio
(University of Geneva); Pranjal Ralegankar (SISSA, Trieste) [TBC]; Marko
Simonović (University of Florence); Zvonimir Vlah (RBI, Zagreb)

All information on PSI schools can be found on the school website:

http://psi.petnica.rs/2024/description.php

where one can also fill in the application forms at
http://psi.petnica.rs/2024/apply.php. The application deadline is May 19
2024.

We would be very grateful if you can forward this information to
interested colleagues and students.

With kind regards, on behalf of the Organizing Committee,

Mihailo Čubrović

--
Dr. Mihailo Čubrović

Center for the Study of Complex Systems
Institute of Physics Belgrade
National Institute of the Republic of Serbia
Pregrevica 118, 11080 Belgrade, Serbia