(updated: 14 April 2018)
Dr Aleksandar Milosavljević
L'orme des Merisiers, Saint-Aubin - BP48
91192 GIF-sur-YVETTE CEDEX
Telephone: +33 1 6935 9691
First Name and Surname: Aleksandar Milosavljević
Date of birth: 19 March 1973
Place of Birth: Zaječar, Serbia, Yugoslavia
Marital status: married (wife Sandra and children Milan and Jana)
1998: B. Sc. Faculty of Physics, University of Belgrade, Yugoslavia
2004: M. Sc. Faculty of Physics, University of Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro
2006: Ph. D. Faculty of Physics, University of Belgrade, Serbia
2009: Postdoctoral work at Synchrotron SOLEIL, France
Professional positions (career):
1998-2000: Institute of Physics Belgrade: Projects "Development of methods and devices for introducing the quality in measurements" & "Atomic and Molecular Physics - Experimental Physics of Atomic and Particle Collisions" - Ministry for Science and Technology, Republic of Serbia.
2000 (sept) – 2001 (sept): Military service in the Yugoslav Army - Technical Service
2002-2006: Institute of Physics Belgrade: project "Experimental investigation of laser and electron interaction with atoms, metal vapours and molecules" - Ministry for Science and Technology, Republic of Serbia.
2006: Research Assistant Professor at the Institute of Physics Belgrade.
2006-2010: Institute of Physics Belgrade: project "Electron and laser spectrometry and collisional cross sections for atoms, ions, molecules, metastables and biomolecules" - Ministry of Science and Environmental Protection, Republic of Serbia.
2009: Postdoctoral work at DISCO beamline, Synchrotron SOLEIL, France. ANR project: “Synchrotron radiation for tandem mass spectrometry”.
2010: Associate Research Professor at the Institute of Physics Belgrade.
2012: Assistant Professor in the field of Atomic, molecular and chemical physics at the Department of Physics, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, University of Banja Luka, Republic of Srpska, BiH.
2015: Research Professor at the Institute of Physics Belgrade.
2015 (may) – 2016 (feb): Visiting Assistant Research Professor, Radiation Laboratory, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana 46556, USA.
2016 (april) – : Beamline scientist, PLÉIADES beamline, Synchrotron SOLEIL, France.
Longer scientific visits (3 weeks to 2 months):
- Laboratoire de Spectroscopie d'Electrons Diffuses, Universite de Liege, Belgium (2004)
- Institut für Ionenphysik, Leopold-Franzens Universität Innsbruck, Austria (2005)
- Department of Physics of Electronic Phenomena, Faculty of Applied Physics and Mathematics, Gdansk University of Technology, Gdańsk, Poland (2006)
- Department of Plasma Physics, Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovakia (2007)
- Laboratoire des Collisions Atomiques et Moléculaires, Orsay, France (2008)
- Jožef Stefan Institute, Ljubljana, Slovenia (2008)
- Department of Chemistry, University of Fribourg, Switzerland (2012)
- Synchrotron SOLEIL, France (2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
Teaching (- 2015):
Methods of Measurements, undergraduate studies at the Department of Physics, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, University of Banja Luka, Republic of Srpska, BiH
Experimental Methods of Physic of Electron-Atom Collisions, doctoral studies of physics at the Faculty of Physics, University of Belgrade, Serbia
- Experimental physics of atoms and molecules.
- Gas phase X-ray spectroscopy of complex systems (biomolecules, nanoparticles).
- Cross-beam experimental technique.
- Electron and photon interactions with biomolecules.
- Electron optics, electron-trace simulations.
- Electron transmission through nanocapillaries.
- Automated data acquisition.
Awards and Distinctions in Physics
Awards and Fellowships:
- Annual Prize for the scientific work of the Institute of Physics Belgrade, Republic of Serbia, 2011.
- Scholarship of the Ministry for Science and Technology, Republic of Serbia, 1998-2002.
- Steering Committee of the Serbian Physical Society (2012-2014)
- General Committee of International Conference on Photonic, Electronic and Atomic Collisions – ICPEAC (2011-2015)
- Scientific Committee of the Summer School and International Symposium of the Physics of Ionized Gases – SPIG (2011- )
- Scientific Committee of the National Conference on Electronic, Atomic, Molecular and Photonic Physics – CEAMPP (2011- )
- Member of the Management Committee of ESF/COST Action CM1301 “Chemistry for Electron-Induced Nanofabrication (CELINA)” (2013-2016)
- Member of the Management Committee of ESF/COST Action MP1002 “Nano-scale insights in ion beam cancer therapy (Nano-IBCT)” (2010-2014).
- Member of the Management Committee of ESF/COST Action P9: "Radiation Damage in Biomolecular Systems (RADAM)" (2007).
- Bilateral Science and Technological Cooperation - Principal investigator for the Republic of Serbia: R. Serbia and Germany (2014-2015): " The study of DNA radiation damage on the molecular level by means of electron and photon action spectroscopy"; R. Serbia and Hungary (2013-2015): "Interactions of charge particles with single insulating capillaries"; R. Serbia and France (2012 – 2013) – project : “Photon and electron spectroscopy of pure and nano-solvated biomolecules isolated in gas phase”; R. Serbia and Slovak Republic (2010 – 2011) – project : “Excitation and fragmentation of small biomolecules”; R. Serbia and R. Slovenia (2008-2009) - project “Electron induced fragmentation of organic and small hydrocarbon molecules”.
- National technological&research projects – Principal investigator: National technological project 23024 “Characterization of insulating nanocapillaries by electron beam” (2008).
- Principal investigator of accepted projects at the SOLEIL synchrotron, France (2010-2018).
- Organization of conferences&seminars: Chairman of the Organizing Committee of the 1st National Conference on Electronic, Atomic, Molecular and Photonic Physics CEAMPP 2008; Secretary of the Organizing Committee of the 5th CEPAS 2011 and 20th SPIG'2006 Conferences. Coordinator of the seminar for teachers&students “Modern Research in Physics”, Zajecar, Serbia, 2011. Co-Chairman of the 27th SPIG. Chairman of the “WG2 expert meeting on biomolecules” of the XLIC Action (XUV/X-ray light and fast ions for ultrafast chemistry), Fruska gora (Serbia) from April 27th to April 30th, 2015. Founder and co-chair of “X-ray Interaction with Biomolecules in Gas Phase (XiBiGP) Workshop” (2014,2016,2018).
- Investigation of behavior of DCS for elastic electron-argon scattering in the vicinity of critical points, with Department of Applied Physics and Mathematics, Gdańsk University of Technology, Narutowicza 11/12, 80-952 Gdańsk, Poland. (2003-2004)
- Investigation of a 2-dimesional detector for metastable rare gas atoms, with Laboratoire de Physique des Lasers (UMR-CNRS 7538), Université Paris 13, avenue J.B. Clément, 93430 Villetaneuse, France (research group: Interferometry and optics for atoms). (2004)
- Electron-molecule collisions - the ions from dissociative processes, with Institute "Jozef Stefan", Ljubljana, Slovenia. (2004, 2005)
- Investigation of electron interaction with molecules that are substantial parts of DNA, with Laboratoire de Spectroscopie d'Electrons Diffuses, Universite de Liege, Liege, Belgium. (2004) Institut für Ionenphysik, Leopold-Franzens Universität Innsbruck, Austria. (2005) Department of Physics of Electronic Phenomena, Faculty of Applied Physics and Mathematics, Gdansk University of Technology, Gdańsk, Poland. (2006)
- Transmission of low-energy electrons through highly ordered nanocapillaries, with Gy. Vikor (Stockholm, Sweden), Z. D. Pešić (presently at Diamond synchrotron, UK), S. Mátéfi-Tempfli, M. Mátéfi-Tempfli, L Piraux (Unité de Physico-Chimie et de Physique des Matériaux, Université Catholique de Louvain, Place Croix du Sud, 1, B-1348 Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium) (2006), K. Tokesi (Debrecen, Hungary) (2013, 2014, 2015)
- Semi-conductor functionalization processed by low-energy electron irradiation of condensed alcohols and amines, with Laboratoire des Collisions Atomiques et Moléculaires, Université Paris-Sud 11, France (2007, 2008)
- Electron induced fragmentation of organic and small hydrocarbon molecules, with Institute "Jozef Stefan", Ljubljana, Slovenia. (2008, 2009)
- Excitation and fragmentation of small biomolecules, with Institute UK Bratislava, Slovakia. (2010, 2011)
- Synchrotron radiation tandem mass spectrometry, with A. Giuliani, C. Nicolas, L. Nahon, M. Refregiers, SOLEIL synchrotron, France (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- The study of DNA radiation damage on the molecular level by means of electron and photon action spectroscopy, with I. Bald (Potsdam, Germany) (2014, 2015)
- Soft X-ray spectroscopy of dilute matter at the PLEIADES beamline, XI SERBIAN CONFERENCE ON SPECTRAL LINE SHAPES IN ASTROPHYSICS, Sabac, Serbia, 21-25, 2017
- Interplay Between Electronic Structure and Protein Folding Probed by Soft X-ray Action Spectroscopy, 2nd COST XLIC WG2 meeting, Stockholm, 2016
- Interplay between protein folding and its physicochemical properties probed by VUV and X-ray action spectroscopy, 2015 Annual Fall Meeting of the APS Prairie Section , November 19–21, 2015; South Bend, Indiana
- Photoionization of isolated charged proteins - the role of charge state and nanosolvation, lst Meeting of the XLIC Working Group 2, "REACTIVITY OF HIGHLY EXCITED AND HIGHLY CHARGED MOLECULES" 24th - 27th February, 2014, Port-en-Bassin-Huppain, France
- Interaction of energetic photons with bare and nanosolvated biopolymers isolated in the gas phase, 2nd nano-IBCT Conference 2013 (Radiation Damage in Biomolecular Systems: Nanoscale Insights into Ion-Beam Cancer Therapy), Sopot, Poland 20-24 May (2013)
- Transmission of low-energy electrons through Al2O3 nanocapillaries, Progress report at XXVII International Conference on Photonic, Electronic and Atomic Collisions – ICPEAC 2011, Belfast, UK (2011)
- Absolute differential cross sections for electron scattering from building blocks of biopolymers, Topical lecture at 5th Conference on Elementary Processes in Atomic Systems – CEPAS 2011, Belgrade, Serbia (2011)
- Gas-phase photoionization of a protein – Progress Report at 25th Symposium on Physics of Ionized Gases (SPIG’2010), Donji Milanovac, Serbia (2010).
- Energy and angular distributions of electrons transmitted through Al2O3 nanocapillaries - Invited oral presentation at The 2nd Symposium on Ion-Insulator-Interactions (S3I), 20th and 21st May 2009, Girona, Spain.
- Low-Energy Electron Transport through High Aspect Ratio Al2O3 Nanocapillaries – Progress Report at 17th Symp.on Appl. of Plasma Processes (SAPP), January 17 – 22, (2009) Liptovský Ján, Slovakia.
- Transmission of low-energy electrons through insulating nanocapillaries – invited short talk at ESF-FWF Conference in Partnership with LFUI, "Chemical Control with Electrons and Photons", 22-27 November, 2008, Obergurgl, Austria.
- Guiding of low-energy electrons through insulating nanocapillaries – Progress report at the first ESF Electron Controlled Chemical Lithography meeting, 12th -16th March 2008, Lisbon, Portugal.
- Electron interaction with deoxyribose analogue molecules in gaseous phase – Invited talk at Radiation Damage in Biomolecules Conference – RADAM 07, 19th – 22nd June, 2007, Dublin, Ireland, 2007.
- Electron Interaction with DNA Deoxyribose Analogue Molecules - Progress Report at 23rd Symposium on Physics of Ionized Gases – SPIG’2006, National Park Kopaonik, Srbia, August 28 – September 1, 2006.
- The consistent data set of angular and energy dependent DCS for elastic electron-argon scattering in the vicinity of critical points - Oral contribution: Fifth Gen. Conf. of Balkan Physical Union BPU-5, Vrnajcka banja, Serbia and Monbtenegro, August 25 – 29, 2003.
- Measurements of angular distributions of electrons and ions in experiments with electron impact on atoms and molecules - Oral contribution: 2nd Congress of Metrologists of Yugoslavia, Novi Sad, 2000, CD 043, 8p. (in Serbian)
English (fluent speaking and writing),
French (active knowledge),
Russian (technical reading).
56 publications in peer-reviewed journals, h = 15 (source: Research ID)