[aegis-vo-users] EGI Competition: Showcase your science at the Community Forum

Danica Stojiljkovic danica at ipb.ac.rs
Wed Mar 19 12:05:50 CET 2014

------------

The European grid supports world-class research from a broad range of
disciplines. The best examples will be invited to give a lightning talk at
the opening plenary of the Community Forum in Helsinki. Apply today and
share the stage with the other VIPs.

The lightning talks <http://go.egi.eu/LT14> will take place on Monday 19th
May, during the opening plenary hosted by Tiziana Ferrari, Technical
Director of EGI.eu and chair of the Programme Committee of the Community
Forum 2014 <http://www.egi.eu/community/events/CF2014>.

"Research and researchers are the life blood of EGI, and highlighting their
work is crucial to us," says Tiziana. "Being able to showcase a wide range
of excellent science at the Community Forum is a great opportunity for us."

If you are a researcher using computing resources provided by the European
Grid Infrastructure, or any of its affiliated National Grid Initiatives,
you are invited to submit an abstract for a lightning talk. We will select
the best four.

To apply online all you need to do is go to the Indico
pages<http://go.egi.eu/LT14>
 and fill a form<https://indico.egi.eu/indico/abstractSubmission.py?confId=2112#interest>
with
a brief description of:

   -

   * The research you have done
   * The advantages of using EGI resources
   * Which EGI computing resources you used and how
   * The overall impact of your work

To do this you will be prompted to create an EGI SSO account, which takes a
couple of minutes to complete. We also ask you to upload a short
presentation with up to four slides based on these points. The deadline is 6
April 2014.

The selection committee will include members of the EGI community,
communications experts and scientists from different fields. They will be
looking for not only great science but also great communicators.

The four winners will receive:

  * A 10-minute slot during the opening plenary to showcase their
EGI-supported work
  * A full week's registration for the Community Forum (including a ticket
for the conference dinner)
  * Flights to Helsinki
  * Accommodation for five nights

More details can be found on the competition's indico
page<http://go.egi.eu/LT14>
:

https://indico.egi.eu/indico/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=2112

Good luck and we hope to see you in Helsinki.

Danica Stojiljkovic

E-mail: danica at ipb.ac.rs
Web: http://scl.ipb.ac.rs/

Phone:   +381 11 3713 177