[aegis-vo-users] [ EGI BROADCAST ] Temporary changes in the jobs execution environment

Operations-portal cic-information at in2p3.fr
Tue Oct 25 11:11:02 CEST 2016

EGI BROADCAST TOOL : https://operations-portal.egi.eu/broadcast/send
Publication from : Peter Solagna <peter.solagna at egi.eu>

Dear EGI user,

  starting in the next three days EGI resource centres will have to disable some functionalities in the HTC (grid) jobs execution environment, to mitigate a critical kernel vulnerability for which a patch is not yet available in the Red Hat based operating systems, and keep secure the EGI services. We expect that only a small fraction of the jobs will be affected.

  The CE and SE interfaces (for example job submission) will regularly work but - depending on the system libraries used by the computing task submitted - some jobs may fail to execute.

Sites running a Red Hat based operating system, most of the EGI resource centres, will be affected.

In the coming days we expect that a security patch will be made available for the various RedHat flavours used in our infrastructure. As soon as the sites have upgraded, the resource centres will be fully functional again.

More information will be circulated in the coming two days.

Apologies for any inconvenience and thanks for your patience.

 Regards
 Peter Solagna on behalf of the EGI Operations