[hep-th] Seminar na Fizičkom fakultetu, 5. jun 2024.

dgocanin dgocanin at ipb.ac.rs
Sat Jun 1 11:59:58 CEST 2024

Zdravo svima,

najavljujem da će u sredu, 5. juna, Juraj Tekel (Department of
theoretical physics, Faculty of mathematics, physics and informatics,
Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovakia) održati seminar na Fizičkom
fakultetu. Radi se o uvodnom predavanju na temu fuzzy fizike i matričnih
modela koje će biti prilagođeno i studentima master i doktorskih
studija. Seminar počinje u 11h u amfiteatru 661.

Naslov: Fuzzy physics and matrix models

Apstrakt: The unification of quantum mechanics and gravity predicts a
drastic change in the notion of space and time, at least at the length
scales where both these theories are important. One realization of
spaces with such quantum structures are noncommutative and fuzzy spaces.
I will describe their construction and description of physics happening
in such spaces in terms of random matrix models. I will then explain
some of the techniques and results for relevant examples of matrix
ensembles.